If you have the right tools, installing your eFlexFuel E85 conversion kit is pretty straightforward. Ready to update your vehicle to run on both E85 and gas? We've included a simplified version of the installation instructions below, so you can see what's involved.
DIY INSTALLATION - BASIC STEPS
HERE'S AN OVERVIEW OF THE INSTALL PROCESS:
- Depressurize the fuel system and remove all necessary covers, etc. to gain access to the fuel injectors.
- Disconnect the fuel line from the fuel rail.
- Install the ethanol sensor in the OE fuel line, using the supplied quick connectors. Or use the fuel line supplied with the kit (if needed).
- Make sure that the fuel line and the ethanol sensor are properly fastened and there are no fuel leaks.
- To install the wiring harness, first verify the OE fuel injector connector polarity with a multimeter.
- Based on the measured fuel injector polarities, assemble and connect the supplied male fuel injector connectors to the eFlexFuel wiring harness.
- Connect the eFlexFuel wiring harness to the OE fuel injector connectors (both to the injector wires from the ECM and the fuel injectors).
- Place the temperature sensor within close proximity of the engine block and connect the ground wire to a sufficient ground terminal.
- Connect the ethanol sensor connector to the eFlexFuel wiring harness.
- Finish installation by connecting the control unit to the wiring harness and securing the wiring harness with zip ties.
If you decide you'd rather have someone else install your kit, any local auto repair shop should be able to install your E85 flex fuel conversion kit in an hour or two.
AUTHORIZED PRO INSTALL AND TUNING SHOPS
While any local repair shop can install your eFlexFuel E85 capability kit, there are a handful of installers who can also offer custom tuning services. Currently we have a some authorized pro tuners/installers in select markets, but we're adding more everyday.
Loading map... Please refresh browser if map is not shown.